Friday, December 10, 2010

The True History

I agree with my classmate Palmira in this statement: “We all need history in order to learn from our past and implement what we learn towards the future.” History is very important for everybody, not just for people majoring in history. Some people think that history is boring and useless, but the reality is that what has happened in the past has changed how we live our lives today. I am against keeping important events of our history from future generations. When I took my history I and II in college, I realized that a lot of information was not well explained in high school. I had a great teacher who also writes Texas history books for middle school. He used to tell us that sometimes some information from his books was omitted and that he had a hard time convincing the editors to print all that he wanted to teach about the real history of Texas. This type of situation hurts future generations because they deserve the true story of our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment